Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Going with the flow (aka Plan B)

A relatively loose itinerary was one of my main goals for this trip. The importance of that, and of not holding closely to expectations of doing any particular thing at a particular time, became evident before I even left Boise! Fog in Seattle led to delayed flights out of Boise, and ultimately to an entirely new flight itinerary and 21 more hours of travel! I sit now in the Seoul Airport (7:24 am, Thursday Jan. 22) until 5:30 this evening, so good thing I had nowhere in particular to be!

As for the travel, well I must say that I am so glad I was not traveling on an American air carrier (I was on Korean Air). Even economy seats are roomy, and you're greeted by a bottle of water, blanket, pillow, and get this...slippers!! You have your own tv screen, movies, and they feed you 2 entire meals! Don't get me wrong, 12 hours is still a long time on a plane, but bearable at least.

So...bound for Bangkok next, but really, who knows!?

No comments:

Post a Comment